OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Our desire is to celebrate girlhood and to give opportunities for girls to explore their unique talents and gifts while having fun developing friendships and new skills. This club will allow for different rates of personal growth and development. Our club will include girls from ages 7-13 and they can share in the fun whether they have an American Girl or not!
- Developing new life skills (for example: how to entertain, how to write a letter of thanks, or how to be a good friend to name a few)
- Extend a helping hand to others by doing service projects (Humane Society of Huron Valley/Library Garden Clean Up/ Active Faith )
- To give club members fun, creative ways to express themselves through arts, crafts and creative play.
- To encourage new friendships.
- We will provide additional social and play time opportunities for club members.
- We will encourage the love of reading by providing an "American Girl Lending Library" where books will be available to check out from the Salem-SouthLyon Public Library (must be a library patron to do so).
- Primary meetings are monthly on the third or fourth Thursday of each month from 4:30-6:00pm. $2 activity donation per meeting per member to cover cost of club.
- The 2007-2008 Club Year will run from July '07 through May '08 . Girls will be asked to try to make most meetings during the club year.